Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- All CU students and employees are invited to use our service, free of charge.
- In order to print something, you will need a ".stl" file. This is a form of 3D model that is specially used in 3D printing. CU Library Multimedia Lab staff will take your print requests.
- Email us your print to email@example.com or send to us at the Digital Media Lab on a flash drive.
- Don't have a file of your own? Feel free to look online. Many resources are available that provide access to free file sharing of 3D models or 3D file checking. Such websites include:
- MakerBot's official creative website for 3D printed objects. Save or download preexisting plans for many 3D objects
- The library's 3D printers and scanners may only be used for lawful purposes. No one is permitted to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, you cannot reproduce material subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Depending on the size and complexity of your print, it may take several hours for your print to complete. Most print jobs wait one day or so before being started as there is usually a queue waiting to be printed.
- Often prints fail. If this happens, adjustments will be made and your print will be restarted by our staff. If your print fails repeatedly you will be notified and receive recommendations that will hopefully make your file better suited to be 3D printed.
- Due to the nature of 3D printing, DML staff will not guarantee a time when a print will be completed. Please submit print jobs well in advance of needing them completed.
- When your print finishes you will receive an email from our staff. You are welcome to pick up your print during normal DML hours.